Part of our Feet on The Ground: A Practical Approach to The Cloud series, these profiles break down the offerings of third party cloud storage providers from a preservation point of view. Assessment points include Data Management, Reporting/Metadata, Redundancy, Accessibility, Security, End of Service, and adherence to the NDSA’s Levels of Preservation.
Current offerings include:
• Amazon Glacier (PDF, 2014)
• Amazon S3 (PDF, 2015)
• Chronopolis (PDF, 2014)
• Dternity (formerly Permivault) (PDF, 2014)
• DuraCloud (PDF, 2014)
• Oracle Archive (PDF, 2017)
• Oracle Standard (PDF, 2017)
• Preservica (PDF, 2014)
• Rackspace Cloud Files (PDF, 2015)
Profiles will continue to be added and will be updated as the market and services change.