Part of our Feet on The Ground: A Practical Approach to The Cloud series, these profiles break down the offerings of third party cloud storage providers from a preservation point of view. Assessment points include Data Management, Reporting/Metadata, Redundancy, Accessibility, Security, End of Service, and adherence to the NDSA’s Levels of Preservation.
Current offerings include:
- Amazon Glacier (PDF, 2014)
- Amazon S3 (PDF, 2015)
- Chronopolis (PDF, 2014)
- Dternity (formerly Permivault) (PDF, 2014)
- DuraCloud (PDF, 2014)
- Oracle Archive (PDF, 2017)
- Oracle Standard (PDF, 2017)
- Preservica (PDF, 2014)
- Rackspace Cloud Files (PDF, 2015)
Profiles will continue to be added and will be updated as the market and services change.